Data management has always been a crucial part of dentistry and optometry as practices strive to comply with the Data Protection Act of 1987.
CQC have also outlined specific requirements that all clinical practices must adhere to, in order to ensure that patient data is kept secure at all times.
Some businesses are paying storage fees for paper documents resulting in expenses other than cash, such as time and printing charges.
We at Creative Composite have come up with a solution that makes use of Cloud Technology to eliminate the problems with storing and securing data. Cloud technology means that all data can be uploaded (safely and securely) onto your personal/professional, password protected ‘cloud space’ (an internet location/storage space) that is reserved for you. Cloud storage is available in a variety of sizes, which means they can be selected as per your usage requirements. This increasingly popular storage system has enormous benefits. For Example it:
– Eliminates the need for investing in more filing cabinets
– Eliminates using the old hard drive back up method every night
– Eliminates purchasing and installing a fire proof safe for external hard drives
– Reduces costs of amenities such as paper, printer ink and time
– Complies with the CQC outcomes
– Complies with the Data protection act
But wait, there’s more! It also allows you to:
– Safely manage, organise and share important information with colleagues from any device and any location. – Manage your teams centrally, through an easy-to-use interface – whether they are internal or external company connections it does not matter. Our cloud system makes it easy for you to assign people to projects, grant or restrict access rights or view changes by person, project or action.
– View all your recent project activities on one integrated dashboard. Instantly and securely view files, see team comments and chronological changes, and select your favourite files so they are available on your mobile devices even when without an internet connection.
HIPAA-compliant security features are twice the industry standard. It uses AES 256-bit encryption when transmitting and storing files.
Cloud storage grants you the ability to do all this and more, and it all costs less than a gym membership! This is considered the safest and most efficient means of storing data; it allows you full control and is much easier to manage than traditional filing systems.
Drop us an email or give us a call for more details or so we can arrange to show you a working demo and develop a strategy to get you started.